“Jesus dropped the charges”. These words were spoken to me by a young man I met during a homeless outreach. How true this statement is for those who place their trust in Christ.
News reports constantly show people charged with all types of crimes.
It's also true that some people are charged unjustly, who are innocent. But there is one crime that all of humanity is guilty of.
However, the good news is that we all have at our disposal the best lawyer! JESUS, THE CHRIST, who indeed has dropped all the charges! As a result, we can now have a clean slate.
Think about it, if your faith is in Christ Jesus alone, all your sins/crimes are forgiven…forever.
The charges against you, have been dropped in your favor.
I've highlighted below, a few charges and accusations that have been dropped in our favor. Included in this list are what we get in exchange. By no means is this a complete list.
On the contrary, numerous examples are given throughout Scripture pointing to the benefits of being in Christ.
Here are a few:
- You become re-born. John 3:3
- You are now a new creation. – 2 Corinthians 5:17; Galatians 6:15
- God Himself will make things new for you. – Revelation 21:5
- No one can condemn you. – Romans 8:1
- No weapon formed against you will prosper. – Isaiah 54:17
- Things that happen in your life will work together for good, not evil. – Romans 8:28; Genesis 50:20
- You now have everything you need pertaining to your life. 2 Peter 1:3-4
So, if you haven't decided to have Jesus as your advocate, now would be a good time.
Prayer: Father, I know I need to be born again by Your Spirit. By faith, I receive what Your Son, Jesus did for me on the Cross for my sins. I turn away from my way of doing things, and place my trust in You. Thank you for dropping the charges of my sins and giving me a clean slate, in Jesus name! Amen!